Friday, March 26, 2010

Going on a rampage here...:)

Lots of pain these past couple of days...My pinkie does not want to shrink back down! Can't straighten it out. Swollen, red and warm. Last night I had my husband feel my pinkie...hot. Then I had him feel the rest of my fingers on that hand...ice cold. The pain in the pinkie goes from the very tip of it to the base of it...through my palm right down to my wrist. The wrist pain is on both sides (inner and outer). The pain from the wrist runs up the bottom of my arm to my elbow. Had a lot of trouble before bed last night, getting comfortable. Woke up at 5:30 this morning in so much pain...couldn't get back to sleep. I got up, hubby made me some toast, took my prednisone and 4 ibuprofen. Went back to sleep around 9:30...pain is more tolerable... but still awful.

The pain in my feet and toes has also been awful. Noticing I can't seem to lift my feet very well...have to be really careful about things on the floor...including throw rugs. I can't lift and step over things like I used to...now I'm shuffling to the side and going around. Had a lot of left hip pain and neck and shoulder pain this morning too. So glad I'm going back to the doctor on Tuesday. (Knee pain seems to be the only joint pain that has not worsened)

I have not been eating well at all. Have not been drinking my V-8 or my water like I started out doing so well. I'm sure this could have a lot to do with how I feel. Finding showers don't feel as good as they used to either...it seems the longer I'm in water, the worse my legs feel. I get out of the shower extremely weakened and shaky. I've been putting off water aerobics for this reason as well. Standing for almost any length of time is difficult. Food preparation takes a lot out of me...may be part of the reason I am not eating as well. Have also had a lot of nausea and just in general stomach "upset".

Tonight I have asked my husband to help me wash and prepare some fresh veggies for snacking through the weekend. Hopefully if they're ready in the fridge, I'll grab for them. Started reading The Sugar Solution...going to try to follow it's guidelines for awhile...can't hurt!

For some reason the blog won't allow me to post comments...so to Kami and Jack, thank you for your comments, concern and support! I do appreciate it! And thank you Jamie...I know you're reading and following my journey...your support is also appreciated. A little down these last couple of weeks...Spring is coming and I want to be out there walking and gardening and enjoying things! Hopefully I'll get there soon!

My 3 gratefuls: 1. Sunshine and Spring! 2. Supportive friends! 3. Gardening catalogs and magazines!

1 comment:

  1. Hey!!! :)
    Just stoppin' by for my dose of depression. lol
    I know... I don't know how to act!!!
    Gee... Now you have a reason to figure out that whole "comment" thingy.
    I'll be praying for you all day today!!! It's a biggie, right?
    ♥ U... & need you well again!!!

    ReplyDelete